ADVERTISEMENT - LOGIN OR REGISTER TO HIDE

The Pin Trading Board at DLRP

Author Topic: The Pin Trading Board at DLRP  (Read 3427 times)

andyroid20

  • Give a little whistle
  • **
  • Posts: 22
The Pin Trading Board at DLRP
« on: May 11, 2010, 06:11:09 PM »
Last year when I went to Disney Land the pin trading board only apeared at the end of the day. But when I have been before it seemed to be about all day. Does anyone know what the rough schedule currently is and also are there places to trade with other guests where there is likely to be people to trade with. I'm going next Monday so I want to make the best use of my time.

Cheers
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Guest »

Aveen2008

  • Substitutiary Locomotion
  • *****
  • Posts: 2651
Re: The Pin Trading Board at DLRP
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2010, 07:29:49 PM »
Hey there,

If it's going to be out a lot it's likely to be in these next few months coming into high season. The shops the board may appear in is the Emporium and harringtons in Main St USA - however when I was there last september I never once seen it in either shop and actually I attended the Pin Trading night and spoke to the cast member beside the board and asked of why it's never in the emporium ( I checked so many times during my 6 day stay!) and was told that they weren't putting it up as much in their because they were concintrating more on clothes.. I don't know if that's still the same or not.

I only ever saw the pin board out once on my last stay in the Studios outside the pin trading store (it's tiny, more like a wardrope than a stop as its only a few foot in size lol) its on hollywood boulevard. However the thing was I asked the cast member about it and he didn't seem to know what I was on about, but then 30 minutes later a different cast member was at the store and the board was out... although it was pretty disappointing - perhaps it was just because of the low season.

Not many other visitors have lanyards on, it's not as popular as it is in america so really you would be looking to trade with the cast members and nearly all cast members have a lanyard so you can trade with them.

Appart from at Pin Trading Nights there's no place to meet others really. PTN's usually happen on the last friday of every month.

All the best :D
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Guest »
Luv Aveen xoxo

Belle's World

  • Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah
  • ****
  • Posts: 299
Re: The Pin Trading Board at DLRP
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2010, 07:43:28 PM »
When i went last June i found the board on my first day by accident in Fantasyland between 2 carts it was a Sunday at about 2.30pm. I then desperately tried looking for it for the rest of my holiday. If you ask in the emporium store where the pins are kept they should tell you when it is expected. When i was there it was supposed to be there every night between 6-8pm however 1 day the man was ill and the Friday we left was the night before a pin trading dinner at the Newport Bay Hotel and he was getting ready for that instead.
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Guest »



Eager_Eyes

  • Hakuna Matata
  • ***
  • Posts: 156
Re: The Pin Trading Board at DLRP
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2010, 01:19:00 AM »
When I was there last summer I must have just got lucky, the board was there every day and I even had a fair few conversations with Patrick - the pin guy, and he remembered that I said my fave character was Mickey and I would of loved his halloween pin from the previous year but couldn't afford to go at the time.  The next day the very pin I was talking about was there on the board - Traded for it straight away it made my day  :mrgreen:
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Guest »

Aveen2008

  • Substitutiary Locomotion
  • *****
  • Posts: 2651
Re: The Pin Trading Board at DLRP
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2010, 03:28:32 AM »
Quote from: "Eager_Eyes"
When I was there last summer I must have just got lucky, the board was there every day and I even had a fair few conversations with Patrick - the pin guy, and he remembered that I said my fave character was Mickey and I would of loved his halloween pin from the previous year but couldn't afford to go at the time.  The next day the very pin I was talking about was there on the board - Traded for it straight away it made my day  :mrgreen:

Patrick is really nice :) It was him that told me on my trip that the board wasnt out in the emporium much because they were changing the focus to clothes and stuff...but that could have just been then lol :)
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Guest »
Luv Aveen xoxo

Masamune

  • Substitutiary Locomotion
  • *****
  • Posts: 2504
Re: The Pin Trading Board at DLRP
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2010, 09:53:23 AM »
Is Patrick the Irish guy who collects St Patrick's Day pins, or is he the guy who collects Jessica pins? Personally I prefer the Jessica guy, but both men are very lovely. When we went in January of this year, the board was in Harringtons for 2 of the 4 nights we were there.
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Guest »

Aveen2008

  • Substitutiary Locomotion
  • *****
  • Posts: 2651
Re: The Pin Trading Board at DLRP
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2010, 10:51:04 AM »
Quote from: "Masamune"
Is Patrick the Irish guy who collects St Patrick's Day pins, or is he the guy who collects Jessica pins? Personally I prefer the Jessica guy, but both men are very lovely. When we went in January of this year, the board was in Harringtons for 2 of the 4 nights we were there.

Patrick's Irish he's from tyrone or something I think he said but he's lived in france for like 9 years or something. He introduced me to a cast member who works in the Emporium the night i went to the PTN. It was her that I actually traded with the most that night.

There's another young guy that actually gave me and my mum a lift from the reception of davy crockett to the shop when we were kinda stranded lol he was called Damien I think. He was nice too. He's french (i think) lol!
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Guest »
Luv Aveen xoxo

tubbsy

  • Substitutiary Locomotion
  • *****
  • Posts: 2468
Re: The Pin Trading Board at DLRP
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2010, 02:30:40 PM »
Sorry to appear ignorant but what is the pin trading board?
We have lanyards with loads of pins on but I am going to sort them out so the kids have certain ones to trade when we go with cast members.
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Guest »

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

Aveen2008

  • Substitutiary Locomotion
  • *****
  • Posts: 2651
Re: The Pin Trading Board at DLRP
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2010, 03:21:18 PM »
Quote from: "tubbsy"
Sorry to appear ignorant but what is the pin trading board?
We have lanyards with loads of pins on but I am going to sort them out so the kids have certain ones to trade when we go with cast members.


Hey the pin board is like a loarge cork board that seems to randomly appear in certain places in disneyland paris such as the emporium and harringtons in main street usa, or the trading shop in walt disney studios. On this board is a variety of Disney pins, some core pins, some Limited edition and you can trade 2 of your pins with 2 pins on the board on each occastion if you wish. There will be a cast member there to do the trading for you with the board.

:)
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Guest »
Luv Aveen xoxo

tubbsy

  • Substitutiary Locomotion
  • *****
  • Posts: 2468
Re: The Pin Trading Board at DLRP
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2010, 03:23:05 PM »
Ah! thanks for that :) Will ask and hunt it down when we're there.
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Guest »

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

fly_with_me_dumbo

  • Substitutiary Locomotion
  • *****
  • Posts: 1000
Re: The Pin Trading Board at DLRP
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2010, 11:18:20 AM »
I thought all the pins on the board were LE? and you can only trade LE pins for them? :S
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Guest »

Masamune

  • Substitutiary Locomotion
  • *****
  • Posts: 2504
Re: The Pin Trading Board at DLRP
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2010, 10:17:31 AM »
:) There are LE pins on the board, but there are also Core pins. The LE pins are usually the top few rows on the board, and there's a marker to say where the LE pins stop and the Core pins begin. LEs can only be traded for LEs and Cores can only be traded for Cores.
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Guest »

Dorsetcandy

  • Hakuna Matata
  • ***
  • Posts: 190
Re: The Pin Trading Board at DLRP
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2010, 10:58:14 AM »
We unfortunately did not see the pin board during our trip  :(  we asked twice were it would be on those days the first day were told no pin board today and on Tues were told in Harringtons at 5pm so returned there with our pins and our 2 & 3yr old in tow only to be given blank looks by the cast and shakes of the head and no pin board!

 We gave up after that as found it was unfair to drag the kids round in our pin quest for the board which we already knew was very hit and miss when/where it appeared,although i feel no information should be given as to where/when it will be unless this is 100% definate as i was actually quite upset/angry at making an effort to stay in the park and around that area to be disappointed but fealt i didn't want to potentially ruin the day more by making a fuss but am however sending a letter,lets hope they can make more of a point of the board appearing on certain days/times and realising many of us passionate about pins plan our day round the possibility of a gr8 trade!
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Guest »

simonandwendy626

  • Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah
  • ****
  • Posts: 259
Re: The Pin Trading Board at DLRP
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2010, 08:39:04 PM »
Hi,

I'm guessing that you didn't go into the Studios. The small pin shop near Tower of Terror had a pin board out all day every day whilst we were there last year and this February.
And if the weather is nice they sometimes have the pin board outside near Plaza gardens in the main park.
I can understand that you don't want to have bored kids with you and so trailing around can be frustrating but next time try asking at the till point next to the pin wall in the emporium.

Wendy
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Guest »

Aveen2008

  • Substitutiary Locomotion
  • *****
  • Posts: 2651
Re: The Pin Trading Board at DLRP
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2010, 09:50:48 PM »
Quote from: "Dorsetcandy"
We unfortunately did not see the pin board during our trip  :(  we asked twice were it would be on those days the first day were told no pin board today and on Tues were told in Harringtons at 5pm so returned there with our pins and our 2 & 3yr old in tow only to be given blank looks by the cast and shakes of the head and no pin board!

 We gave up after that as found it was unfair to drag the kids round in our pin quest for the board which we already knew was very hit and miss when/where it appeared,although i feel no information should be given as to where/when it will be unless this is 100% definate as i was actually quite upset/angry at making an effort to stay in the park and around that area to be disappointed but fealt i didn't want to potentially ruin the day more by making a fuss but am however sending a letter,lets hope they can make more of a point of the board appearing on certain days/times and realising many of us passionate about pins plan our day round the possibility of a gr8 trade!

Aw that must have felt really annoying and disappointing, I know I would have been a bit upset over that!
I agree that they should either not give out information that is not 100% definate or else just say exactly when and were the board is going to be.
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Guest »
Luv Aveen xoxo

 

ADVERTISEMENT - LOGIN OR REGISTER TO HIDE