As some of you know I visited DLRP last week, and had a fantastic time.
I had a meeting with parade organiser Daniel Harding from the entertainment department on Wednesday and hopefully will start work in the DLRP characters and parade department in April.
But at the moment I was a meer visitor and some of my highlights, lowlights and observations are below.HIGHLIGHTSCARNIVAL!!!
- it is fantastic this year, much better than last years the dancers and characters are fantastic and the interactions are much better and fairer - everyone is able to join in!Characters
- So many, everywhere you went there was a load of characters including rare ones like Clopin and Esmerela and Genie. We saw Clarise on Thursday in Fantasyland and even Mike was out in the Studios.Cleanness
- The parks were spotless and even the urine smells in the Adventureland caves have gone.Carnival Music
- No sign of Ricky Martin this year thankfully! But instead some great Disney tracks like late last carnival season, this year they were playing loads of old DLRP tracks too. Like "Merci from Disneyland Paris", "The Year to Be Hear", tracks from "en scene vous plait", "The 1997 Hunchback parade" and even the original "Carnival" parade song from 1994. And loads more - it was great to hear them in the park again!Sequoia Lodge
- The first time we have stayed here and we will be back - it is a great hotel!VIP FASTPASS
- A nice family who had to leave 2 days early, gave us 4 VIP fastpasses on the way to the train station, we were just lucky to be in the right place at the right time.Disney Village
- Looks really good at night now.Cruella!
- see the descriptions on the photosLoads more highlights but I carn't think at the momentLOWLIGHTSOut of control teens
- we visited the other hotels on Wednesday night, but when we got to Santa Fe and Cheyenne it was terrible, a huge gang of about 100 teens were hanging around the bridge and Cheyenne drinking beer and blasting music on a portable CD player.
There was not cast member around so they had total run of this area, and it was really bad. We saw an older couple with their grandkids and 2 other families actually walking away from the Santa Fe with their suitcases. The other hotels were still as magical as ever thankfully.Carny and Val
-The Carnival "presenters" or "shriekers", they would be okay if they didn't shout about everything, and constantly repeat themselves - honestly I counted them telling us the "Carnvial Finale is on at 5.30" 9 times in 1 minute at one point!!Losing my camcorder
- God knows where that went!OBSERVATIONS
So many more dancers in the parades on Thursday (average 3 per float Wednesday and 8 per float Thursday) were the big wigs around do you think?
In the carnival there was many mentions of "The Magic Kingdom" instead of Disneyland Park. For example after the carnival finale the announcer says " We hope you had fun at the carnival finale, do enjoy your evening in the Magic Kingdom". Will we be seeing another park name change for the 15th Birthday??
Music from Parade of Dreams was used on Thursday morning for the arrival of the princesses, the princess float fanfare without the "welcome to our family" lyrics was played when the princesses swapped over. However strangely this wasn't used on Friday.
Here are some photos of the trip with descriptions....http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumIn ... 2082362&f=