ADVERTISEMENT - LOGIN OR REGISTER TO HIDE

going to wdw next september, any good hints and tips?

Author Topic: going to wdw next september, any good hints and tips?  (Read 5774 times)

PetiteSirene

• You can fly! You can fly! You can fly!
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2007, 09:27:56 AM »
In Animal Kingdom make sure you do its tough to be a Bug, not only is the show the best 4D film I have seen but you get up close to the roots of the Tree of Life as you queue, the carved animals arent just on the trunk :D
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by PetiteSirene »

I don\'t know when, I don\'t know how, but I know something is starting right now.
Watch and you\'ll see, someday I\'ll be Part of Your World.

Feb 2001 - Paris
Sept 2008 - Santa Fe
Dec 2008 - Cheyenne
Feb 2009 - Sequoia
September 2009 - Disneyland Hotel

DisneyParksFan

• Give a little whistle
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2007, 05:46:13 AM »
Ok, lets begin.

Magic Kingdom Tips:
-If you like to get to the parks when they first open, plan to arrive in the Magic Kingdom Parking Lot at least 45 minutes before the park gates open. Sometimes it can take awhile to get to the park (being that you either that a ferryboat or monorail).
-The daytime parade start is different from the nighttime parade start. During the day, it starts in Frontierland but during the night, it starts in Main Street.
-When in Frontierland, get a fastpass for Big Thunder Mountain (that queue is a killer, trust me). After riding, go and get a fastpass for Splash Mountain (this queue can also move pretty slow). From there, get on the WDW railroad in Frontierland and take it to Mickey's Toontown Fair. There is a 'secret' path between Mickey's Toontown Fair and Tomorrowland that walks along the railroad. If you take it, it lets you out right by Space Mountain.
-You must visit Tomorrowland at night. For a truly relaxing Disney time, ride the Tomorrowland Transit Authority AND Astro Orbitor at night. The land looks wonderful from above and theres always a nice breeze...plus TTA takes you through Space Mountain.
-Try the Jungle Cruise two times during the day. Once during the daytime and the second time at night. If possible, go right before the park closes. If you time it right (or ask) you can have the entire boat tour to yourself and your group. I did this before with my friends...a good experience.

Epcot Tips:
-Soarin' and Test Track need to be riden as early in the morning as possible. Wait times build up like crazy! (Test Track:90 min and Soarin:2 hours)
-Try out every attraction in the park (if you have time). When I say attractions, also walk through the mini gardens throughout World Showcase...there's always something to look at.
-I dont know if they are still doing it, but the Electric Umbrella gives out free refills on drinks...no special cup needs to be purchased (located in Future World).
-And of course, dont miss Club Cool in Future World.

Disney's Hollywood Studios
and
Disney's Animal Kingdom Tips to come!

-DisneyParksFan
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by DisneyParksFan »

PetiteSirene

(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2007, 12:03:36 PM »
To tell the truth I dont think you need to worry about queues for Test track that much in September. Max I queued was 15 minutes and the fastpass was pointless as the Queue stared where the fastpass people entered.

Though Soarin I would advise to head to first as the queues for that builds up even on a quiet day for that one! But as I said earlier I found it to be aone trick wonder :(.

In MGM the great movie ride has 2 themes, cowboys or gangsters, you can ask before you get on which one it will be if you have a preference :) I only saw the Gangster one.
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by PetiteSirene »

I don\'t know when, I don\'t know how, but I know something is starting right now.
Watch and you\'ll see, someday I\'ll be Part of Your World.

Feb 2001 - Paris
Sept 2008 - Santa Fe
Dec 2008 - Cheyenne
Feb 2009 - Sequoia
September 2009 - Disneyland Hotel

LovesDisney

• Give a little whistle
(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2007, 07:41:51 AM »
In September Disney have offered their Disney Dining Plan free for all who are staying onsite and purchase a package. An amazing value with so much gorgeous food it's hard to believe actually.  I would look out for that, find out when it is most likely going to be offered again and not book my airfare until I know. Virgin Holidays has already offered it for next year so hopefully it will be offered to the general public also, as it has been the last few years. I really believe it will. This is done in September because it is hurricane season although their is little to worry about. Just a little hurricane  :wink: but you'll be fine honest!
Keep you eye on Mousesavers dot com for all the news reagarding discounts, that site is brilliant when it comes to WDW  :D ,

Have fun!!
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by LovesDisney »

moolie19

• Give a little whistle
Re: going to wdw next september, any good hints and tips?
« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2007, 09:31:38 AM »
thanks everyone.

one of the reasons we have booked to go in september is to get the disney dining package so i am really looking forward to making use of that...... I have heard though that it advisable to book your meals in advance. Is this advisable as i have no idea what i want to eat or where I prefer to go with the flow....

thanks again for all your tips

julia xx
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Guest »

DisneyParksFan

• Give a little whistle
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2008, 08:29:01 AM »
Quote from: "moolie19"
I have heard though that it advisable to book your meals in advance.

true.
if the dining facility suggests making a reservation, do it. Tables sometimes fill up fast at certain places.

LovesDisney

• Give a little whistle
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2008, 09:41:56 AM »
Hi Moolie19...It is now about 6 months until September and if you are going then (or did you mean 2009?)  you can call and make your dining reservations when you are 180 days until your trip.  Just a heads up incase your not aware Call 407-WDW-DINE (939-3463) with your package reservation number and make all your reservations at once  :D.

September isn't supposed to be as crowded as other times but I still advise strongly to make those reservations. Also, you should be able to call up Disney and change your reservation to get the Free Dining plan instead very soon, so keep your eyes open for that. It is expected to be announced in April  :D/ .
I sure wish I was going myself. Have a great trip!

TowMater

« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2008, 09:03:11 AM »
To see the Magic Kingdom parade, There is a great view of watching it when it enters the top of Main Street but trees could get in the way and characters would approach you as well.
"To all who come to his happy place, Welcome" - Walt Disney

Previous Disney Visits

DLRP  | May 2001           |Newport Bay
WDW  | October 2004    | Calabry Parc Villas
WDW  | October 2006    | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | May 2008          | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | August 2008      | All Star Movies
DLRP   | November 2008 | Explorers Hotel
WDW  |August 2009       |Pop Century

ADVERTISEMENT - LOGIN OR REGISTER TO HIDE