I was thinking, why didn't they create a toonlike Tower of Terror.
I think they did definately consider it for a long time - it was heavily rumoured, at least. Whilst the idea was great and it would have made the ride so much more unique, I can see why they didn't use it for many reasons:
- The toon themeing would have made the ride seem less scary than it is - kids would have gone on and been terrified for life!
- They wanted the Toon Studios over by Animation Courtyard and they wouldn't be able to build the tower here because it would be seen much more from Frontierland.
- The extra development, etc. for the new themeing and effects might not have gone down well with the financers.
- A "Toon Tower" is much less likely to attract people than a Hollywood Tower Hotel "Tower of Terror", and would be much harder to advertise in the first place.
- The park needs more of Hollywood including an outside Sunset Boulevard - you can't get more Hollywood than ToT, and it's also perfect for adding more atmosphere to a future boulevard.
So whilst it was an amazing idea, and one that many fans would have really liked to see, unfortunately it just didn't make sense both financially and in terms of the park design.
Personally I think they made the right choice with their new attractions. ToT is just absolutely perfect for the park and with Toon Studios looking like way more than "a few kiddie carnival rides", I think WDS is doing much better than it ever expected!