ADVERTISEMENT - LOGIN OR REGISTER TO HIDE

Just booked Hong Kong Disneyland

Author Topic: Just booked Hong Kong Disneyland  (Read 818 times)

loladelorean

• You can fly! You can fly! You can fly!
Just booked Hong Kong Disneyland
« on: July 02, 2018, 10:07:14 PM »
I'm full of excitement about our next trip so just had to share - we're going to Hong Kong Disneyland in March 2019!

My in-laws are going out to stay in Singapore for a few months next year, so it seemed like an unmissable chance to visit the area. We're doing 4 nights in Hong Kong, 2 nights at Disneyland, 4 nights in Siem Reap and 5 nights in Singapore.

I've booked the Explorer's Lodge which looks incredible. I was quite pleasantly surprised by the prices considering how high end the hotel looks.

Any tips from those who have visited before?
Disney Visits
Oct 94 Cheyenne - Oct 00 WDW - April 03 WDW - Sept 06 DLP Day Trip - Sept 09 HNY - Nov 10 HNY - June 11 Sequoia Lodge- June 12 Sequoia Lodge - Sept 12 Cheyenne- Nov 12 Radisson - June 13 Dream Castle - Nov 14 HNY -
 Feb 15 Dream Castle - Sept 15 Tokyo Disney Resort, Sheraton - Oct 15 DLP Day trip - Feb 16 Cheyenne - March 17 Newport Bay - Jan 18 Sequoia Lodge, Aug 18 daytrip

Upcoming: DLH Nov 18 - Hong Kong Disneyland, Explorers Lodge, March 19

jessief

• Give a little whistle
Re: Just booked Hong Kong Disneyland
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2018, 11:42:21 AM »
Lucky you !! The Park is absolutely beautiful and spotlessly clean , the cast members are unbelievably friendly and the hotels are lovely. We have stayed in the Hollywood which is a bit like the New York and the Disney which is way superior to our one. Although the Park is always classed as being smaller we found it more than adequate and although there isn't a Disney village there are plenty of shops and restaurants in the park. The food is often very themed which is nice and as you say, the prices are great. The Park can get very busy if there is a holiday but normally we have found it to be quiet enough to not have to queue for too long. It should be a comfortable temperature when you visit, the humidity at some times can be overwhelming. Take an umbrella to protect you from the rain and sun ! The no smoking policy is really enforced, I once saw a man getting a cigarette ripped out of his hand, and you will often find a completely suited and masked cleaner waiting outside the toilet cubicle ready to clean up as you exit ! The Park is very like California and I look forward to seeing the new Castle. The honeypots ride is our firm favourite especially on a hot day and the shows are really good, especially the Lion King. Your hotel choice looks good, we will be staying there next time. There are frequent buses to the Park but it is nice to walk along the sea front to get to the Park. My tip is to book a sea facing room, explore your hotel gardens and take a little time out to sit on the sea wall and imagine that the Black Pearl is about to sail round the corner !!

loladelorean

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2018, 08:43:55 PM »
Thanks @JessieF for your reply, it is brilliant to get these tips from someone who has been!
Sadly the castle will still be getting refurbed while we are there, but I gather we're going at a fairly quiet time (early March), so, swings and roundabouts. I've never been to California (one day....) but have been to Tokyo. Many of the things you're describing about cleanliness and rules was the same in Tokyo, it was great!

I may come back to this thread with questions when we get a little closer, and further into planning. I've got a Christmas trip to Paris (and first time staying at Disneyland Hotel) in November first :D
Disney Visits
Oct 94 Cheyenne - Oct 00 WDW - April 03 WDW - Sept 06 DLP Day Trip - Sept 09 HNY - Nov 10 HNY - June 11 Sequoia Lodge- June 12 Sequoia Lodge - Sept 12 Cheyenne- Nov 12 Radisson - June 13 Dream Castle - Nov 14 HNY -
 Feb 15 Dream Castle - Sept 15 Tokyo Disney Resort, Sheraton - Oct 15 DLP Day trip - Feb 16 Cheyenne - March 17 Newport Bay - Jan 18 Sequoia Lodge, Aug 18 daytrip

Jules Verne

• Give a little whistle
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2018, 11:22:26 PM »
I'm so happy for you, it is a very nice park and it will be great that you get to experience some of the unique rides they have, i especially adore Mystic Manor, listen out for the totem poles (i think they were totem poles) singing a modified version on grim grinning ghosts
Not that you have to but there is a train that goes to the park as well this is Disney themed that i adored :D

loladelorean

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2018, 10:50:13 AM »
Thanks for sharing my excitement Jules Verne  ;D
I've been reading about Mystic Manor, it sounds incredible. Probably the ride I am most excited about. I'm also looking forward to Big Grizzly as I gather it is different from Big Thunder. The food looks exciting too!
My husband isn't a big Disney fan, we've actually planned that he'll only do one day in the park with me then do his own thing for a day so I can have a day doing "my Disney thing" - that'll be when I get to geek out over details and small changes!
Disney Visits

ADVERTISEMENT - LOGIN OR REGISTER TO HIDE