ADVERTISEMENT - LOGIN OR REGISTER TO HIDE

Disneyland California - 2 adults - DLH or GC??

Author Topic: Disneyland California - 2 adults - DLH or GC??  (Read 1874 times)

Lolly_Belle

• Give a little whistle
Disneyland California - 2 adults - DLH or GC??
« on: August 05, 2016, 03:41:16 PM »
For our 10th wedding anniversary in 2018 we are looking at a Disneyland California trip (trying to decide between this and DLP castle club!). We would be there for 3 nights/4 days and would like to experience either the Disneyland Hotel or the Grand California as its a special occasion!

It will be 2 adults and no children (not that keen on children really!) so which hotel whould people recommend? I know it's different in the USA in that the standard board is room only, but what is actually included in the price? Is pool use included? Is Club Level worth the extra? I can see it says CL have access to snacks, wine and cheese, etc but is this inclusive or something you still have to pay extra for?

Sorry for all the questions! Been to WDW a couple of times, but the last time was almost 9 years ago and this would be my 1st trip to DL California
Sept 1999 - DLP Sequoia Lodge
Jul 2000 - WDW off-site
Oct 2001 - DLP Sequoia Lodge
Mar 2002 - DLP Sequoia Lodge
Nov/Dec 2002 - DLP Sequoia Lodge
Mar 2006 - DLP Disneyland Hotel
Dec/Jan 2008/9 - WDW Swan Hotel
Oct 2014 - DLP Disneyland Hotel
Jul 2016 - DLP Hotel New York
Nov/Dec 2017 - DLP Sequoia Lodge GF
May 2019 - DLP Newport Bay CC

bad-pink-tink

• You can fly! You can fly! You can fly!
    • http://www.home.mjjstreet.com
Re: Disneyland California - 2 adults - DLH or GC??
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2016, 04:42:56 PM »
Hi, I go to Disneyland California every year. Not sure if you realise but many of the off site hotels on Harbour Boulevard are closer walking distance to the park entrance than both Grand California and Disneyland Hotel.

I usually stay at Motel 6 on Disney Way, which is one street away from the entrance. I am a solo traveller so all I need is a basic hotel, as I spend about 14 hours a day in the parks.

The only thing with off site compared with onsite is the early opening hour.

There is a special entrance from Grand California into California Adventures for hotel guests BUT most people say that this is complete bottle neck in the mornings and you don't actually save that much time compared to walking through Downtown Disney to the regular Californian Adventures entrance.

Honestly, most people who have been to the onsite hotels in WDW say the onsite hotels in California are not worth the money.
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

ADVERTISEMENT - LOGIN OR REGISTER TO HIDE