ADVERTISEMENT - LOGIN OR REGISTER TO HIDE

Shanghai Disney WOW!

Author Topic: Shanghai Disney WOW!  (Read 5633 times)

cjebs

• Give a little whistle
Shanghai Disney WOW!
« on: June 16, 2016, 10:05:07 AM »
Just seen the vids on youtube of the opening gala and the building project the place look unbelievable!!

anyone planning a trip there soon? pls take pics :)

Zee79

• Substitutiary Locomotion
Re: Shanghai Disney WOW!
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2016, 10:10:22 AM »
I watched it as well & abc.com have the ribbon cutting ceremony on as well, just watched that. I would love to go, prices for the park reasonable its just the airfare as usual same as for Florida for us unfortunately.

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/shanghai-disneyland-opens-doors-public/story?id=39893961   - If the link works  :)

DisneyRon

• 2nd star to the right and straight on 'til morning
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2016, 10:48:09 AM »
It certainly looks good, I'll certainly keep an eye on it. If the language barrier proves to be low enough I may well pay it a visit in a few years. ;D

MattR

• Hakuna Matata
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2016, 01:27:50 PM »
I am currently thinking about visiting in October but Iīll monitor the lines a bit first. It seems to be worse than Tokyo Disneyland.

rebecca20

• You can fly! You can fly! You can fly!
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2016, 01:32:24 PM »
I will be visiting but not until 2017 - combining all the Asian parks on a 2 month trip ;D
♥ Disneyland Paris 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2011, 2015 ♥ Disney World Florida 2009 ♥ Disneyland California 2008 ♥

Next Visit: DLP March 2016.

wimmekepunk

• Give a little whistle
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2016, 03:03:39 AM »
We're thinking of a Hongkong - Shanghai combination in 2018
may2019 DLP Sequoia
apr2019 DLR offsite
dec2018 WDW Pop Century+Old Key West
oct2018 DLP Sequoia
jun2018 DLP Sequoia
apr2018 DLP Sequoia
sep2017 DLP Off Site
jan 2017 DLP Sequoia
oct 2016 DLP Sequoia
sep 2016 WDW Saratoga Springs
jun 2016 DLR Off Site
apr 2016 DLP Sequoia
jan 2016 DLP Sequoia
dec 2015 DLP Sequoia
oct 2015 WDW Off Site
jun 2015 WDW Off Site
apr 2015 DLP Sequoia
oct 2013 DLP Off Site
apr 2013 DLP Off Site
mar 2013 WDW Bay Lake Tower
dec 2012 DLP Off Site

MattR

• Hakuna Matata
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2016, 09:04:17 AM »

According to your signature you already have been to Tokyo. For any other reason then to visit every park at least once I really canīt think of a good reason to visit HK, they only have a very limited number of attractions you canīt visit in any other park.

I would rather combine Shanghai with Universal Studio Japan and or FujiQ if you havenīt been to those before.They are also less then 3 hours away from Shanghai.

wimmekepunk

• Give a little whistle
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2016, 06:45:39 PM »

According to your signature you already have been to Tokyo. For any other reason then to visit every park at least once I really canīt think of a good reason to visit HK, they only have a very limited number of attractions you canīt visit in any other park.

I would rather combine Shanghai with Universal Studio Japan and or FujiQ if you havenīt been to those before.They are also less then 3 hours away from Shanghai.

There is a chance that we'll visit Japan next year.

We always wanted to do Hongkong (both the city and the park), the fact that we can combine it now with Disney Shanghai makes it more probable that it will happen.
may2019 DLP Sequoia
apr2019 DLR offsite
dec2018 WDW Pop Century+Old Key West
oct2018 DLP Sequoia
jun2018 DLP Sequoia
apr2018 DLP Sequoia
sep2017 DLP Off Site
jan 2017 DLP Sequoia
oct 2016 DLP Sequoia
sep 2016 WDW Saratoga Springs
jun 2016 DLR Off Site
apr 2016 DLP Sequoia
jan 2016 DLP Sequoia
dec 2015 DLP Sequoia
oct 2015 WDW Off Site
jun 2015 WDW Off Site
apr 2015 DLP Sequoia
oct 2013 DLP Off Site
apr 2013 DLP Off Site
mar 2013 WDW Bay Lake Tower
dec 2012 DLP Off Site

never2old

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2016, 05:05:53 PM »
Personally I've been watching the videos and photos from the opening and checking prices to fly to Shanghai...

But realistically, I don't think we'll be able to visit before 2019  :(

First because my daughter needs to be tall enough so that we can all go on Tron (height restriction of 1,22m  ;D). She's 117 now so not long to go...

But next year we're building a new house so big holidays are out of the question; it will be a good excuse to visit DLP a few times during the 25th anniversary. Then we need to start saving for 2018, want to do the Alaska Disney Cruise (if we save enough and can find enough days, maybe add a few days stop in Anaheim on the way...)

So that takes us to 2019. Maybe may/june (depending on school holidays that year)

It does look pretty amazing. Though I think I would still want to visit Tokyo first...

DisneyRon

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2016, 07:36:11 PM »
The pricing seems pretty reasonable at present (the Club level rooms at their DLH are €275 per night), food is generally cheaper too with the most expensive restaurants (Aurora for instance) coming in at about €33 per person. :)

Not sure when I'll be able to find the time to arrange for the right paperwork to visit (Visa's that sort of thing), maybe combine it with a trip to Hong Kong Disney as well, spending a few additional days in each City. :)
More research is needed certainly.

Rocketeer

• Art Deco Superhero
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2016, 09:25:32 PM »
I'll admit, it looks great in places, but in others not so much.

Granted this is not a traditional Magic Kingdom park, it is one specific to its location, so there are going to be some things that are different.

Am I the only one that thinks the Castle is a bit too big?

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

Zee79

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2016, 09:28:00 PM »
No. That castle is huge! My youngest doesn't think it looks pretty like the other castles, DLP is the best she said.

Rocketeer

• Art Deco Superhero
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2016, 09:46:10 PM »
^Well to be honest, they all look great to me, and ESC has some wonderful styling but its just the scale of it. I get why it has to be the size it is, due to its attractions, but it comes across as imposing.

And, call me old fashioned, but I'm not a huge fan of replacing physical effects with 'screenz'. (PotC being the main culprit).

Over all though, WDI has done a wonderful job, and I don't want to detract from it.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

DisneyRon

« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2016, 10:15:35 PM »
Unlike the other castles though it has a ride inside it, they need a bit more room to work with. ;)
Hence the physically larger castle.

Personally I don't like the mixed visual style of the castle, but that's just my personal opinion.

whatsupanders

• Give a little whistle
    • Cheaper Luxury
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2016, 07:27:37 PM »

There is a chance that we'll visit Japan next year.

We always wanted to do Hongkong (both the city and the park), the fact that we can combine it now with Disney Shanghai makes it more probable that it will happen.

I went to Hong Kong Disneyland today, I would say it was worth it, even though they don't have a huge selection of rides. Grizzly Gulch and Mystic Point are very well done. It's easy to get to if you're in Hong Kong and the lines are generally short.

ADVERTISEMENT - LOGIN OR REGISTER TO HIDE