Marceline
ADVERTISEMENT - LOGIN OR REGISTER TO HIDE

Disney Cruise Booked!!!

Author Topic: Disney Cruise Booked!!!  (Read 3848 times)

Samanthad

• Hakuna Matata
Disney Cruise Booked!!!
« on: April 16, 2016, 03:39:16 PM »
I am incredibly excited as I have just booked our family for a 7 night Mediterranean cruise with Disney Magic!
Is anyone else is doing the 9th September sailing?
Disneyland Paris: Santa Fe 2001, Newport Bay Club 2005, Offsite 2015,Offsite 2016, Hotel B&B Disneyland 2016, Santa Fe Christmas 2016, Offsite May 2017

Disney Cruise Line: Disney Magic 7 night Mediterranean Cruise 2017

daddyof2

• You can fly! You can fly! You can fly!
Re: Disney Cruise Booked!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2016, 04:08:30 PM »
I'm doing August 13th sailing THIS year, and never2old is sailing a couple of weeks after me. Between us we should have some good experiences to share, and some tips. Never2old's report of their fjords cruise last year was great

bad-pink-tink

• http://www.home.mjjstreet.com
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2016, 04:25:24 PM »
You should check out DISBORADS. They have a very active Cruise Planning and Meet Up section. For each cruise they have a precuise planning thread where people share all their planning hints and tips.

They also organise Fish Extender groups. This is where you arrange before your cruise to participate in the Fish Extender. This is a pre arranged group of people who agree to give each other gifts through out the cruise. You hang a bag on your cabin door to receive your gifts from your group members. You will get a list of people in your group and their cabin numbers. You then just find those cabins and pop your gift into the bags on the door handles.  The Fish Extender groups are organised by someone on the cruise and you can specify how many you want to gift, ie, if you only want to give to 2 parties, you will just receive gifts from 2 parties. 

This is the cruise meet up section http://disboards.com/threads/find-your-2017-magic-cruise-meet-link-here.3473267/
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 04:36:28 PM by bad-pink-tink »
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

Samanthad

• Hakuna Matata
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2016, 04:29:47 PM »
That is fantastic thanks so much!!!
Disneyland Paris: Santa Fe 2001, Newport Bay Club 2005, Offsite 2015,Offsite 2016, Hotel B&B Disneyland 2016, Santa Fe Christmas 2016, Offsite May 2017

Samanthad

• Hakuna Matata
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2016, 04:31:31 PM »
I have just realised I didn't mention that the cruise I have booked is for 2017!!!! Doh! :-)

bad-pink-tink

• http://www.home.mjjstreet.com
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2016, 04:37:57 PM »
I have just realised I didn't mention that the cruise I have booked is for 2017!!!! Doh! :-)

oops, well I have just edited my previous reply

This is the Magic 2017 Cruise Meet Up List http://disboards.com/threads/find-your-2017-magic-cruise-meet-link-here.3473267/ Looks like your cruise is not listed yet, why not join and start the meetup thread over there :)
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

Samanthad

• Hakuna Matata
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2016, 09:59:45 PM »
Thanks Tink this is really helpful :-)

never2old

• Substitutiary Locomotion
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2016, 09:11:46 AM »
Excellent news!! Have you started counting the days?  ;)

As daddyof2 said we're doing the Med one this summer (27th of August), and I've started to try to convince my DH that we absolutely MUST book another one for next summer...Though it would probably be the week before yours (our daughter goes back to school on the 15th of September). So far he's said no, but I'm hoping to convince him once we're back on board... We're not going to visit Florence this time (we're doing Rome the day before and two long trips in a row will be too much for my DD), which means we MUST go back  ;) ;D

Be warned, Disney Cruises are extremely addictive. Best Disney holiday we've had!! (best holiday full stop....) I can't wait to be back on board.

I'll try to do a full report like I did for the Norway cruise we did last year, and if in meantime you have any questions about DCL in general don't hesitate, I'm no expert but happy to help anyway I can :)

Samanthad

• Hakuna Matata
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2016, 10:23:44 AM »
Excellent news!! Have you started counting the days?  ;)

As daddyof2 said we're doing the Med one this summer (27th of August), and I've started to try to convince my DH that we absolutely MUST book another one for next summer...Though it would probably be the week before yours (our daughter goes back to school on the 15th of September). So far he's said no, but I'm hoping to convince him once we're back on board... We're not going to visit Florence this time (we're doing Rome the day before and two long trips in a row will be too much for my DD), which means we MUST go back  ;) ;D

Be warned, Disney Cruises are extremely addictive. Best Disney holiday we've had!! (best holiday full stop....) I can't wait to be back on board.

I'll try to do a full report like I did for the Norway cruise we did last year, and if in meantime you have any questions about DCL in general don't hesitate, I'm no expert but happy to help anyway I can :)

Ahhh that's amazing!! I hope you have an amazing time!! Although I am sure you will. We have something like 500 days (arghhhh) think I will die with excitement before then. We have about 3 DLP trips booked in the meantime (and probably more like 5 by the time we board the ship!) so we will get some sort of fix but it won't be the same as the cruise!!

We have done the same itinerary before with NCL, which we enjoyed. We were thinking of doing the fjords but it was far too expensive and we thought the med would be more toddler friendly (I have two who will be 3 and 4 when we go)
 We loved Rome on our last cruise - we got the train and it was amazing but I won't be braving Rome with my two!
We will most likely spend a night in Barcelona before so that we can see Barcelona and Monacco (from Villefranche) and as for Italy, we will probably choose do stay onboard at Civitavecchia and do Pompeii (maybe) from Naples and then do Pisa from Livorno (I think it's that way around!!) what we wouldn't do again would be to go around Naples as in our opinion it wasn't anything special and a bit rough to be honest!!! 🙊

Have you signed up to the fish extenders or will you be leaving that to the Americans?

daddyof2

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2016, 10:51:46 AM »
We're going to do Pisa but not sure what else yet. What's a fish extender?

Samanthad

• Hakuna Matata
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2016, 01:23:40 PM »
A fish extender is something with pockets on that you hang outside your door (usually acocompanied with a door covered in decorative magnets!!) and you sign up to these fish extender groups where you leave little gifts for fellow passengers also in the group. It's really popular with the Americans. I can't see us doing it ourselves, but it's a nice idea!!

never2old

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2016, 01:47:40 PM »
I like the idea of the fish extenders, I've gotten into crafting recently and had lots of ideas for little gifts, but even if I find the time to do it all, it sounds like a lot of extra packing, and I have trouble enough packing everything I need to even start thinking about packing gifts!! We still have a bit of time for ours but I think I will not go for it. Maybe next time... ;)

In Naples I'm still deciding between Pompeii or Herculaneum; will probably do a half day excursion (with DCL), and maybe have a little walk around Naples itself (I think if we have gelatto on the way my daughter will be OK  ;))

We're doing Rome with a private tour, just us 3, and we'll keep it as easy as possible for my daughter (she's 5).

Livorno, maybe a half day trip to Pisa, and again spend some time by ourselves exploring Livorno itself, it sounds like it's a nice little town

Villefranche we'll be doing no excursions, visit the town a bit, and maybe the beach...

127 days left  ;D

Samanthad

• Hakuna Matata
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2016, 02:00:21 PM »
Your private Rome trip sounds great, is that a private transfer from the port? Sounds incredible, do you mind me asking if that was expensive? I would do that with our kids!
Livorno is a lovely town, lovely cafes around the piazza and some nice shopping :-)

never2old

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2016, 05:24:46 PM »
Yes, our guide / driver will come and pick us up from port, and take us around Rome. With a little one, it really sounded like the best way of getting around!!

A bit expensive, but still half the price of the DCL excursions. I think for the 3 of us it was 500 euro. I'll let you know how it goes!

We're doing it with a company called Best Tour of Italy (http://www.bestourofitaly.com/), but there are a few companies doing similar trips for similar prices!

ADVERTISEMENT - LOGIN OR REGISTER TO HIDE