Marceline
ADVERTISEMENT - LOGIN OR REGISTER TO HIDE

Disney Cruise experience?

Author Topic: Disney Cruise experience?  (Read 3385 times)

daddyof2

• You can fly! You can fly! You can fly!
Disney Cruise experience?
« on: April 27, 2015, 07:40:34 PM »
Has anyone been on any Disney Cruises? I'm very tempted at a 7 day cruise for next year - and the Mediterranean ones come out about the same cost (not including flights of course) as the Caribbean ones. I don't think we want to do the fjords/Baltic sea and the Dover-Barcelona ones don't really suit us. I'd be interested in hearing any experiences, particularly those with small (6 and under) children

never2old

• Substitutiary Locomotion
Re: Disney Cruise experience?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2015, 02:27:28 PM »
I'll be doing my first cruise this June, so I can tell you about it afterwards! :)

But from what I've been reading online, it sounds like a pretty good holiday. I can't wait!!

daddyof2

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2015, 07:47:04 PM »
Oh yes I remember - aren't you doing the fjords?

never2old

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2015, 04:23:53 PM »
Yes, we are  ;D

I hope my DH loves it so much he agrees to do one in the Med next summer....

minnieme

• Hakuna Matata
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2015, 09:02:51 AM »
We went on the Disney Magic last August, 4 nights med cruise. Barcelona-Palma-Ibiza-day at sea-Barcelona.

I can't recommend it enough and can't fault anything about it. So highly organised on embarkation day, restaurants, stateroom service, entertainment, cleanliness was unreal. We were 2 adults, 1 10 year old and 1 5 year old. Our 10 year old loved the kids club and entertainment they provided (he didn't want to spend any time with us!!) and our 5 year old, who has a medical condition, had an amazing time. There is so much to do. Constant entertainment.

The party when we set sail, on the pool deck, was so loud but it was a great start.

We only did a short cruise to see how my youngest coped with it, but it turns out being on water suits him very well.

We will be doing another Disney cruise in the not too distant future.

April 2011 & June 2012 Hotel New York
May 2013 Disneyland Hotel
Aug 2014 Disney Magic Med cruise
Aug 2014 Disneyland Hotel
May 2015 Disneyland Hotel

never2old

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2015, 10:00:15 AM »
I will try to write a more detailed report and post lots of pictures, but our cruise was one of the best vacations ever!!

Everything was perfect :) Norwey and the fjords were gorgeous. And the Disney Cruise was pure magic. Everything about it was excellent: the room was quite comfortable and spacious (we had an oceanview deluxe, category 9B in deck 2), and it was always immaculate, I think every time we left the room they went to check it! The restaurants were delicious, every meal was a real feast, and the service was the best we've ever had. The waiters follow you through all the restaurant rotations so you really develop a bond with them. The shows on board were really good, and the show on the last night, Disney Dreams, was pure Disney magic. We were all tempted to skip dinner and watch it a second time!! Everything is really well organised, and the CM onboard are the nicest you'll ever meet.

And as for the characters, well, I don't think I'll ever bother trying to meet characters in the parks anymore. This was simply something else. When they have scheduled appearances a queue may build up, meaning you may wait 5 minutes. Maybe 10, maximum. But then you meet plenty just about the ship!! We went for the princesses gathering on our first day (it was a ticketed event, meaning you go as soon as you can to Guest Services and they give you a ticket with a particular date and time, we had this for the princesses and Frozen, they also did it for a Marvel meet and greet), so we got to meet Belle, Rapunzel and Cinderella with no queue whatsoever. But then we kept meeting them around the ship! We saw them 4 or 5 times after that, and every time my daughter got to spend some time with them.

We've already booked our next cruise, we're doing the Med (7 nights) next year. It's going to be a very long wait.... And my parents now want to do Alaska with Disney Cruise, maybe in 2017!!

daddyof2

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2015, 10:58:14 PM »
Glad you had such a lovely time. I'm 99% certain I want to do a med cruise next year too. Just need to finish paying for this years holidays first...

never2old

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2015, 09:44:50 AM »
I'm looking forward to doing the Med next year :)

We didn't get much use of the pool areas (they were heated and a few people, and plenty of kids, did go in the water in the cooler days, our daughter went in on the last day when it was a bit warmer), so that's something to look forward to for next year :)

And our 4 year old loved the kids clubs!! She kept asking to go back. They are really beautiful, and they have lots going on. Next year she'll be 5 so I think it will be even better!

Hope you get to try it next year!!  :D

HildeKitten

• http://www.houseofsecretsincorporated.be/DirectSales.htm
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2015, 08:16:30 PM »
I would love to do the cruise across the fjords, but urgh, I think I need to win the lottery first :(
One day hopefully, one day! :)

myburgeoning

• Give a little whistle
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2015, 04:43:57 AM »
I've only done the  Bahamian one, but I've done ti 3 times. I absolutely love it. I've gone with my hubby before kids and since having kids. It is worth the money. The rooms are lovely, 24 free room service, amazing shows, the private island o Castaway Cay is remarkable!! We have used the adult pool and clubs, rented bikes, done excursions etc Everything is well planned out and executed beautifully! My last cruise was last year if I can answer questions.

daddyof2

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2015, 08:38:02 AM »
Thanks, we're actually booked for next August, but Mediterranean as opposed to Caribbean. Did your kids use the kids clubs much?

ADVERTISEMENT - LOGIN OR REGISTER TO HIDE