ADVERTISEMENT - LOGIN OR REGISTER TO HIDE

We're going to Miami and Orlando in october!

Author Topic: We're going to Miami and Orlando in october!  (Read 1915 times)

Alexz

• Hakuna Matata
    • OrlandoFlorida.se - Swedish guide to Orlando
We're going to Miami and Orlando in october!
« on: February 25, 2015, 02:52:41 PM »
Me and my girlfriend have finally booked a trip to Miami and Orlando! We're going in mid-October. So syked! ;D

We're flying with British Airways from Gothenburg, via London to Miami. We'll be in Miami for 3 days and Orlando 6 days. While in Orlando we want to visit Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom. We'll probably have time for another Disney park too (maybe Epcot?). A must for us is to go to Universal Studios too and The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. We both love the books and movies and would really like to see the new Diagon Alley. My girlfriend also want to visit SeaWorld. Hopefully there will be some time for shopping too (Premium Outlets).

We booked a room at the Monumental Movieland Hotel. We have heard both bad and good things about it, but since we haven't planned on doing anything else than sleeping and eating breakfast there it surely won't be any problem. If any of you have stayed there, we would gladly hear your opinion of it.

I have been to Orlando 4 times before, so I'm not a "newbie", but it's my girlfriends first time. Her birthday is while we're in Orlando too. So it will surely be a special trip for her! If you have any tips on what we can do on her birthday I would gladly hear it :) Thanks!
My previous Disney trips:
Tokyo Disneyland: March 1998
Walt Disney World: March 2008 /*\ New Years 2011 /*\ April 2013 /*\ October 2015
Disneyland Paris: September 2013 /*\ July 2015
Disneyland California: August 2016 (Honeymoon)

Upcoming trips:
Disneyland Paris: Spring 2020?
Walt Disney World: 2021 or 2022
Hong Kong Disneyland: -
Shanghai Disneyland: -

norhel

• Substitutiary Locomotion
Re: We're going to Miami and Orlando in october!
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2015, 03:36:58 PM »
So it will surely be a special trip for her! If you have any tips on what we can do on her birthday I would gladly hear it :)

If you are on Disney property that day, one option is to get her the "happy birthday" badge (or what it is they call it),
And in the evening, maybe go to a nicer table service restaurant?
3 trips to DLP, 2 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

Alexz

• Hakuna Matata
    • OrlandoFlorida.se - Swedish guide to Orlando
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2015, 07:24:10 PM »
If you are on Disney property that day, one option is to get her the "happy birthday" badge (or what it is they call it),
And in the evening, maybe go to a nicer table service restaurant?
Great tip! We will probably be at Disney World that day. Thinking of going to Mickeys Not So Scary Halloween Party too.
My previous Disney trips:
Tokyo Disneyland: March 1998
Walt Disney World: March 2008 /*\ New Years 2011 /*\ April 2013 /*\ October 2015
Disneyland Paris: September 2013 /*\ July 2015
Disneyland California: August 2016 (Honeymoon)

Upcoming trips:
Disneyland Paris: Spring 2020?
Walt Disney World: 2021 or 2022
Hong Kong Disneyland: -
Shanghai Disneyland: -

Woodlandgirl

• Give a little whistle
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2015, 11:20:47 PM »
Book be our guest restaurant for dinner - beautiful and lovely food. You will need to book online 190 days (I think) before you wish to go - get up and book when it becomes available for those in the States to book ie may be early in the morning for you as it gets booked up very early and impossible nearer the time. Also be sure to get a ticket that enables you to go between universal studios and IOA on the same day if you want to ride the Hogwarts Express!! I'm jealous

Woodlandgirl

• Give a little whistle
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2015, 11:22:57 PM »
I'll ditto that re MNSSHP also - books up early so book online months in advance - I've never done it but is supposed to be a brilliant event

ADVERTISEMENT - LOGIN OR REGISTER TO HIDE