Marceline
ADVERTISEMENT - LOGIN OR REGISTER TO HIDE

Going to Walt Disney World May 2015!

Author Topic: Going to Walt Disney World May 2015!  (Read 5878 times)

DisneyRon

• Substitutiary Locomotion
  • 2nd star to the right and straight on 'til morning
Going to Walt Disney World May 2015!
« on: October 23, 2014, 04:52:37 PM »
I'm over the moon ;D
Recently confirmed my booking for a 12 day stay at WDW.

Flying from Amsterdam to Manchester and then on to Orlando.

Staying at Port Orleans French Quarter, 10 days in the parks, with Park Hopper (though I asked if it's possible to make it 11).

Only a few weeks out from the 180 day limit to start locking in restaurants and such.

Sooo excited! :D

Any and all tips from veterans will be greatly appreciated.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 08:29:30 PM by DisneyRon »

norhel

Re: Going to Walt Disney World May 2015!
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2014, 06:56:19 PM »
Have a great trip!
Lot's of fun stuff over there.
3 trips to DLP, 2 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

grovesie

• You can fly! You can fly! You can fly!
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2014, 08:55:15 AM »
We visit in March, nook restaurants as soon aa you can whe we booked ours there wasnt a huge time choice but there are 5 of us
Santa Fe 04
Disneyland 08
Cheyenne 09
Disneyland 09
Cheyenne 10
Newport Bay 10
Cheyenne 11
Disneyland hotel 11
Disneyland hotel 12
Disneyland Hotel 12
WDW- Dolphin resort March 13
Disneyland Hotel Dec 13
Sequoia Feb 14
Cheyenne April 14
Disneyland hotel Jul 14
New York Hotel Oct 14
WDW Mar 15
Sequoia Jul 15
Disneyland Hotel Dec 15
Disneyland Hotel Feb 17
Sequoia Aug 18

grovesie

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2014, 09:08:14 AM »
We visit in March, nook restaurants as soon aa you can whe we booked ours there wasnt a huge time choice but there are 5 of us
Santa Fe 04
Disneyland 08
Cheyenne 09
Disneyland 09
Cheyenne 10
Newport Bay 10
Cheyenne 11
Disneyland hotel 11
Disneyland hotel 12
Disneyland Hotel 12
Disneyland Hotel Dec 13
Sequoia Feb 14
Cheyenne April 14
Disneyland hotel Jul 14
New York Hotel Oct 14
WDW Mar 15
Sequoia Jul 15
Disneyland Hotel Dec 15
Disneyland Hotel Feb 17
Sequoia Aug 18

DisneyRon

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2014, 09:12:36 AM »

That was the plan, I should be able to start booking restaurants on the 3rd of November.
It shouldn't be too busy, so I hope to be able to get what I'd like. ;D

Travelling alone hopefully isn't too much of a drawback in that regard.
All I need to start is the reservation number from my travel agent so I can link it all to my Disney Account and start booking stuff. :D
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 09:21:08 AM by DisneyRon »

Alexz

• Hakuna Matata
    • OrlandoFlorida.se - Swedish guide to Orlando
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2014, 11:49:51 AM »
Wow, that's awesome! Don't forget to visit both Universal Studios parks too, they're great! And I can also recommend the Orlando Premium Outlets. Perfect for shopping good brands to low prices.
My previous Disney trips:
Tokyo Disneyland: March 1998
Walt Disney World: March 2008 /*\ New Years 2011 /*\ April 2013 /*\ October 2015
Disneyland Paris: September 2013 /*\ July 2015
Disneyland California: August 2016 (Honeymoon)

Upcoming trips:
Disneyland Paris: Spring 2020?
Walt Disney World: 2021 or 2022
Hong Kong Disneyland: -
Shanghai Disneyland: -

DisneyRon

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2014, 02:29:24 PM »
Wow, that's awesome! Don't forget to visit both Universal Studios parks too, they're great! And I can also recommend the Orlando Premium Outlets. Perfect for shopping good brands to low prices.

For my first visit I'll stick to WDW itself alone, I'll visit Universal the next time I get the chance to go (which should be 2021 at the latest, for the golden anniversary).

Alexz

• Hakuna Matata
    • OrlandoFlorida.se - Swedish guide to Orlando
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2014, 03:10:25 PM »

For my first visit I'll stick to WDW itself alone, I'll visit Universal the next time I get the chance to go (which should be 2021 at the latest, for the golden anniversary).
Ok! Have fun either way :D WDW is amazing!
My previous Disney trips:
Tokyo Disneyland: March 1998
Walt Disney World: March 2008 /*\ New Years 2011 /*\ April 2013 /*\ October 2015
Disneyland Paris: September 2013 /*\ July 2015
Disneyland California: August 2016 (Honeymoon)

Upcoming trips:
Disneyland Paris: Spring 2020?
Walt Disney World: 2021 or 2022
Hong Kong Disneyland: -
Shanghai Disneyland: -

DisneyRon

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2014, 08:09:16 PM »
Ok! Have fun either way :D WDW is amazing!

Will do. ;D Don't you worry.
Now all I need is for my travel agency to just confirm the booking and hand over the codes for the reservation. ;)
I want to start locking in dinner reservations ASAP.
Or can you do restaurant reservations without a booked stay over the date you're making a reservation for?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 03:14:33 PM by DisneyRon »

DisneyRon

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2014, 07:46:06 AM »
Well, after sending a mail to Disney (through the site contact form) and getting the reply that there was a typo in the confirmation number, it's all linked to my Disney account, and I made reservations for most of my stay last night.
Even then, making reservations more than 180 days in advance, I couldn't get tables at some restaurants... :o

Ohana among a few others was not accepting reservations for 1 person, for 2 was no problem, but I'm alone...
I assume it's not allowed to make reservations for 2 and then come alone?

DLRP Roundup!

• http://dlrpr.com
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2014, 12:48:13 PM »
I doubt they'll care, the Americans are over friendly in just about every restaurant in WDW.

Top tips from me:
Spend more time at Animal Kingdom than you'd perhaps think to. Make sure you go up to Rafikis planet watch, see the vet sessions, see the llama's up close. It makes the park a lot more personal. See the Safari multiple times at different day parts - you'll see a lot more variety. Make sure to see Festival of the Lion King - spectacular show. Park empties the later in the day it gets. 1 hour before park close, everything will be walk on. So don't wait in huge lines all day.

Epcot - Lots more than meets the eye, Living with the Land is good but often overlooked, as is Journey into Energy. I enjoy both. Soarin can't be beat as a ride. Fastpass it and Testtrack on different days.

MK - enjoy. You'll have sore feet though. If your there multiple times, watch the wishes fireworks from behind the castle at the carousel, makes it a different show. Carousel of progress is often overlooked and very good. Don't miss the Main Street electrical parade.

Hollywood Studios - don't miss Fantasmic. Seriously one of Disney's top 3 shows worldwide.

www.easywdw.com - check down the side for the time period your there, follow his guidance, man is a legend.

grovesie

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2014, 02:08:02 PM »
I have to agree with what Trekkie has said, Animal kingdom and Epcot were our faves. We saw the Safari 3 times and each time got better and better. All the shows were great. We are returning in March and can't wait. We just did the WDW parks for our first time last year. This year we plan to include Universal, as my daughter is Harry Potter bonkers.

Another site to check out is allears.net
Santa Fe 04
Disneyland 08
Cheyenne 09
Disneyland 09
Cheyenne 10
Newport Bay 10
Cheyenne 11
Disneyland hotel 11
Disneyland hotel 12
Disneyland Hotel 12
Disneyland Hotel Dec 13
Sequoia Feb 14
Cheyenne April 14
Disneyland hotel Jul 14
New York Hotel Oct 14
WDW Mar 15
Sequoia Jul 15
Disneyland Hotel Dec 15
Disneyland Hotel Feb 17
Sequoia Aug 18

DisneyRon

« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2014, 03:02:21 PM »
I doubt they'll care, the Americans are over friendly in just about every restaurant in WDW.

Top tips from me:
Spend more time at Animal Kingdom than you'd perhaps think to. Make sure you go up to Rafikis planet watch, see the vet sessions, see the llama's up close. It makes the park a lot more personal. See the Safari multiple times at different day parts - you'll see a lot more variety. Make sure to see Festival of the Lion King - spectacular show. Park empties the later in the day it gets. 1 hour before park close, everything will be walk on. So don't wait in huge lines all day.

Epcot - Lots more than meets the eye, Living with the Land is good but often overlooked, as is Journey into Energy. I enjoy both. Soarin can't be beat as a ride. Fastpass it and Testtrack on different days.

MK - enjoy. You'll have sore feet though. If your there multiple times, watch the wishes fireworks from behind the castle at the carousel, makes it a different show. Carousel of progress is often overlooked and very good. Don't miss the Main Street electrical parade.

Hollywood Studios - don't miss Fantasmic. Seriously one of Disney's top 3 shows worldwide.

www.easywdw.com - check down the side for the time period your there, follow his guidance, man is a legend.

Thank you for all the information. EasyWDW has been my guiding light through all this right from the start, my entire park schedule is based on his crowd calenders. ;D
I've got 4 days of MK and 3 of Epcot on schedule, but only 1.5 or so at Animal Kingdom, and 2 full days at Hollywood Studios, perhaps I should swap that around so I get 2 days worth of Animal Kingdom, at the risk of missing Fantasmic... Hmm will need to think that one over, or drop one of my MK days for Animal Kingdom.

Stuff to contemplate certainly. Thank you very much for the information.
Either way, I'll need to revise my restaurant schedule, especially if I can cheat for an Ohana reservation. ;)

And Grovesie, thank you for your input, I'll be sure to allocate some more time for Animal Kingdom than I have now. :D
Perhaps I should just travel from Animal Kingdom to Hollywood Studios for Fantasmic in the evening if I can't fit it in on my first visit. :P
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 03:04:43 PM by DisneyRon »

DLRP Roundup!

• http://dlrpr.com
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2014, 03:59:50 PM »
Yeah the Animal Kingdom will shut early anyway 5/6/7 - Fantasmic usually starts around 8/9, EasyWDW will have the schedule. Turning up late (especially alone or as a couple) and you'll be able to squeeze at the end of a centre row assuming you turn up 5 mins before the show.

I wouldn't miss Fantasmic :P

DisneyRon

« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2014, 09:51:19 PM »
I've dropped the 4th day at MK, and added a 2nd full day at Animal Kingdom, snagged lunch at Tusker House, so that's another Character Meal on the list. ;D That makes 5 now in total. :D

ADVERTISEMENT - LOGIN OR REGISTER TO HIDE