Even though this is a imagineering thread for DLP, I'd thought I would use the forum to think about changing up/plusing the annual Halloween Parade at Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom. The event, part of "Mickey's Halloween Party at The Magic Kingdom", would get a minor makeover as it were.
For starters, the event's title would be changed from "Mickey's Boo To You Parade" to "Mickey's Masque-Parade". (Get the pun?) The basic theme would remain, but there would be new additions and several changes. Of course, a new theme would have to be composed, but that'd be okay. Let's go forward and show off the changes.
- Unit 1 (Welcome to the Masque-Parade): "The Big Eight" (Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Goofy, Pluto and Chip N' Dale) would lead the parade, joined by Pooh and his Friends, Buzz Lightyear, Sully, George Sanderson and Boo among others. The back of the float would be riden by Zeke, Phineas and Gus, the hitchhiking hosts, leading us to...
- Unit 2 (Haunted Mansion): This unit would be moved up a few spots because of their popularity. But this would not be the only change.
- Unit 3 (Princess Party): The abscence of princesses (save for Snow White at the begining) would be rectified with all ten of them in the parade.
- Unit 4 (Shiver Me Timbers!): Peter Pan would be leading the group, Wendy would also be here with pirates and Tinker Bell, followed by three ships. The Jolly Roger of Captain Hook and Mr. Smee, then closely followed by Bucky with Jake and the Never Land Pirates on board, followed by Tick-Tock the Croc, and last but not least, Captain Jack Sparrow and his ship.
- Unit 5 (Hoedown): Revamped, with the addition of Woody, Jessie and Bullseye.
- Unit 6 (Villains): Same as before.
- Final Unit (Trick-or-Treat Candy): The change here is that Goofy and Pluto are replaced by Alice and the rest of the Wonderland crew, with the Mad Hatter riding the bike that "makes" the candy.
Well, there you have it, so what do you think, and would it work good as an event at DLP? Please criticize and comment.