Marceline
ADVERTISEMENT - LOGIN OR REGISTER TO HIDE

What would your 3rd park look like?

Author Topic: What would your 3rd park look like?  (Read 288 times)

JMB

• Give a little whistle
What would your 3rd park look like?
« on: December 03, 2018, 07:18:04 PM »
So, lots of noise again about a third gate at DLP with rumours of doubling visitor numbers and increasing hotel rooms by a third doing the rounds.

But what would your third park look like? Get your imagineering hats on!

Jules Verne

• Give a little whistle
Re: What would your 3rd park look like?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2018, 07:00:03 PM »
Ah the age old question, also a very hard one.

I honestly can't think of what park they could make, i think i remember plans for a DLP version of EPCOT. Though I love EPCOT I know its not the most popular park.

The only thing I can think of is something like Disney Sea, a completely original park design or (and this feels like a big push) a water park.

I'm not 100% sure DLP needs another theme park or more accommodation, I think a constant problem with DLP is that the parks have not had enough rides and too much accommodation.

My most out there would be to get the licensing for a Universal Studios park. With the addition of rides like Harry Potter, Transformers and the development of Nintendo land this would be different enough from the other Disney parks to pull more people into Paris for a long weekend or week instead of the average 2 weeks people do in Orlando when you can do half of everything but I don't see Disney doing that at all just a fan boys dream  :P 

Goudurix

• Be our guest
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2018, 04:31:42 PM »
I would love to see a park with a theme similar to Toontown, but with a European twist.

It could be largely based on the Duckburg comics that are massively popular on the continent. It's become a tradition for me to buy Disney duck comics whenever I'm on holiday in Europe and there's such a wealth of material in them that the Imagineers could draw from. It would also increase visitor numbers from countries like Germany, Austria, The Netherlands and the Scandinavian nations where the comics are particularly popular. The park could also incorporate elements of Ducktales too.

Because the Disney duck comics don't have a presence in the UK, I could see the park also including an area and attractions based on The Muppets which would appeal more to British guests, as they've always been popular here due to the original Muppet Show being a British made series.

Rocketeer

• You can fly! You can fly! You can fly!
  • Art Deco Superhero
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2018, 05:38:13 PM »
^Excellent call on Duckburg. Plenty they could do with that in the parks - especially with the new series having an over arching storyline.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

Jules Verne

• Give a little whistle
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2018, 02:07:57 AM »
I would love to see a park with a theme similar to Toontown, but with a European twist.

It could be largely based on the Duckburg comics that are massively popular on the continent. It's become a tradition for me to buy Disney duck comics whenever I'm on holiday in Europe and there's such a wealth of material in them that the Imagineers could draw from. It would also increase visitor numbers from countries like Germany, Austria, The Netherlands and the Scandinavian nations where the comics are particularly popular. The park could also incorporate elements of Duck tales too.

Because the Disney duck comics don't have a presence in the UK, I could see the park also including an area and attractions based on The Muppets which would appeal more to British guests, as they've always been popular here due to the original Muppet Show being a British made series.

These are fascinating ideas, i also had no idea that the Muppet Show was made in the UK.
I forget that the Disney Duck comics are popular in mainland Europe, this is something that Disney should keep in mind, as i understand it is very popular and crosses generations and even a small presence could be good for drawing people in

LeeleeSTAR

• Be our guest
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2018, 01:29:13 PM »
I would like to see a more cartoony park with a toon town vibe.  They donít really have this anywhere st DLP with the exception.  Themeing and rides based on the cartoon elements.

JMB

• Give a little whistle
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2018, 03:33:36 PM »
Some great ideas and my ideal would be something of a combination.  I feel that WDS should be given over to Marvel, Star Wars and any other live action IP, Indiana Jones for example, along with Pixar.

I would then put 'modern' IPs into a third park - Frozen, Moana etc alongside the Toontown idea.  Plus I'm stealing with pride the muppets land idea, absolutely love that.

Keeping Disneyland Park traditional, maybe with a couple of additions, Splash Mountain with some warm water magic moving into Temple du Peril area (now relocated to WDS) and maybe Jungle Cruise in the same area.

Anyone got a spare Ä4bn?

ADVERTISEMENT - LOGIN OR REGISTER TO HIDE