ADVERTISEMENT - LOGIN OR REGISTER TO HIDE

Gentlest roller coaster at DLP?

Author Topic: Gentlest roller coaster at DLP?  (Read 428 times)

MinniesTeaParty

• Give a little whistle
Gentlest roller coaster at DLP?
« on: October 22, 2018, 06:39:31 PM »
Confession: I haven't ridden a roller coaster in more than 25 years. But I used to like them. What is the easiest coaster to ride at DLP? How does Big Thunder RR at DLP compare to Big Thunder at Disney World in Florida?

I have a 5-year old daughter so eventually I'm going to have to find answers to these questions one way or another. 😬

Zee79

• Substitutiary Locomotion
Re: Gentlest roller coaster at DLP?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2018, 08:10:38 PM »
I think it's faster

DC

• Give a little whistle
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2018, 08:25:01 PM »
Confession: I haven't ridden a roller coaster in more than 25 years. But I used to like them. What is the easiest coaster to ride at DLP?
Casey Jr.  ;D

MinniesTeaParty

• Give a little whistle
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2018, 08:47:34 PM »
Ok. I wasn't counting Casey Jr. which both my daughter and I love. She will ride it repeatedly. Thank heavens for short lines there. But does anyone have an opinion about which of the other coasters would be the easiest on a very out-of-practice now-middle-aged former coaster-lover?

claire2281

• You can fly! You can fly! You can fly!
    • The Grown Up Mouse
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2018, 09:50:08 PM »
BtM is quite a bit faster than its Florida cousins. It's a thrilling ride but not scary imo. There are no inversions obviously for a start.

If you weren't bothered by coasters before then I'm sure you'll be fine with BtM.

Then there's Crush which depends upon your tolerance of spinning - some people hate those kinds of coasters more than anything!

Indiana Jones is the next stage up. Because it's relatively small it's one inversion (a loop) can feel less tame than it looks but that is really its only big moment.

Lastly, Space Mountain and Rock N Roller are extremely similar. They're both launch coasters, both in the dark, both with multiple inversions - loops and corkscrews. SM's refurb has made it smoother but RnR still gives the better ride experience imo. SM gives you a bit of a beating and I think it's the coaster I've been on that requires YOU to have the most core strength to make it more comfortable  ;D

My Trips:
03/2009 DCR -- 07/2009 DLH -- 03/2010 Cheyenne -- 07/2010  DLH -- 12/2010 SL -- 03/2011  Cheyenne -- 08/2011 NBC -- 12/2012 HNY -- 03/2013  Cheyenne - 12/2014 SL -- 03/2016 Cheyenne -- 07/2017  Cheyenne - 12/2017 SL - 08/18 - Cheyenne

DC

• Give a little whistle
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2018, 11:59:29 AM »
But does anyone have an opinion about which of the other coasters would be the easiest on a very out-of-practice now-middle-aged former coaster-lover?
IMO, start with BTM and if you care easily bare it, try Indiana. If you both can manage it, then Crush and finally RnR and Space Mountain. These last 3 can be very intense.

MinniesTeaParty

• Give a little whistle
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2018, 06:10:44 PM »
Thank you, DC and Claire, for your replies. Big Thunder Mountain sounds like the place to start. I'm looking forward to the adventure.

ADVERTISEMENT - LOGIN OR REGISTER TO HIDE