Marceline
ADVERTISEMENT - LOGIN OR REGISTER TO HIDE

Hotel Shows?

Author Topic: Hotel Shows?  (Read 1900 times)

jrh

• Give a little whistle
Hotel Shows?
« on: December 17, 2017, 09:42:21 PM »
Hi all!

Didn't Disneyland Paris have a big hotel show once a year around Christmas at Disneyland Hotel or Hotel New York? I think I saw videos of it years ago but forget what they were called.
Thanks!

DLPWonders (Banned)

• You can fly! You can fly! You can fly!
Re: Hotel Shows?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2017, 01:56:55 PM »
They did that once, in 2013.

Hotel New York does have a dinner show for Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve, but they are 279.
o DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  o Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

mickeyspal

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2018, 07:53:38 PM »
Hi all!

Didn't Disneyland Paris have a big hotel show once a year around Christmas at Disneyland Hotel or Hotel New York? I think I saw videos of it years ago but forget what they were called.
Thanks!
They used to have Christmas Day dinner shows in the Newport Bay Hotel convention room. We went in 2000 had an excellent meal with wine, while watching the show.
The show we had was music and dance from around the world with the characters getting involved. I can't remember prices but for 2hours it was well worth it. I hope they bring it back one day.
1993 - Hotel Cheyenne
1995 - Walt Disney World Florida
1997 - Hotel New York
1998 - Hotel Santa Fe
2000 - Sequoia Lodge
2002 - Newport Bay
2004 - Newport bay
2005 - Hotel Cheyenne
2006 - Sequoia Lodge
2007 - Hong Kong Disney (1 day visit)
2007 - DLP (1 day visit)
2009 - Newport Bay
2012 - Sequoia Lodge
2014 - Sequoia Lodge
2015 - Hong Kong Disney
2017 - Disneyland Hotel
2018 - Disney Mediterranean Cruise

DLPWonders (Banned)

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2018, 08:58:30 PM »
Hi all!

Thanks!
They used to have Christmas Day dinner shows in the Newport Bay Hotel convention room. We went in 2000 had an excellent meal with wine, while watching the show.
The show we had was music and dance from around the world with the characters getting involved. I can't remember prices but for 2hours it was well worth it. I hope they bring it back one day.

They still have that, but since the Newport Bay refurb, it has been moved to Hotel New York and it costs 279.
Which is what I was talking about.
It's unclear for now what is happening to it this year, since Hotel New York is closing this year in October.
Expectations are that it's being moved back to Newport, but no official word on that yet.
o DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  o Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

mickeyspal

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2018, 10:24:33 AM »
DLP hasn't had the big Christmas Day dinner shows for over 10 years, long before the the refurb of Newport Bay. The Christmas day dinner shows they have now are a watered down version of what they used to offer the guests for Christmas day, if they still offered what they did in the early years then my family would go more often on Christmas day rather than leaving just before the big day.
The convention room held at least 1000 guests, most tables had 8-10 people sitting, there was a pre-dinner show with singers and Santa claus while everyone was being seated, then we had a four course gourmet meal while watching the stage show, this lasted approx 2 hours. They may have entertainment at New York for Christmas day meal, but like I said it's watered down. My hope is now that  wdc are putting money into the park we will begin to see the great things happening again, as they did for Christmas past with the many shows and parades in the park.
1993 - Hotel Cheyenne
1995 - Walt Disney World Florida
1997 - Hotel New York
1998 - Hotel Santa Fe
2000 - Sequoia Lodge
2002 - Newport Bay
2004 - Newport bay
2005 - Hotel Cheyenne
2006 - Sequoia Lodge
2007 - Hong Kong Disney (1 day visit)
2007 - DLP (1 day visit)
2009 - Newport Bay