ADVERTISEMENT - LOGIN OR REGISTER TO HIDE

Farewell from Javey74!!!

Author Topic: Farewell from Javey74!!!  (Read 1363 times)

Javey74

• When You Wish Upon a Star
    • DisneyMagic
Farewell from Javey74!!!
« on: October 28, 2013, 10:08:06 PM »
Well I think it has come the time to leave this forum, a forum I have loved and been with since 10 May 2007. I feel I have come to the end of an era, I've made lots of friends here over the years, unfortunately a lot of them have moved on and new blood has come through which is to be expected..  :'( 

If I'm honest this forum does not feel the same anymore, for various reasons, more so with the loss of quite a few topics and posts I was very familiar with..  :'( 

I feel I cannot contribute anymore to my usual haunts including merchandise and games threads or even just general opinion threads. Maybe 6 years is enough. My only regret is not being able to write my 10,000th post since 3000 of my posts have disappeared through the problems of the previous forum, including my 'Trip Reports' which I no longer had a hard copy of, as well as my milestone speeches, which would have been nice to have kept for memories over the years of being on here. I have lost too much ground to start again..  :'( 

I would like to thank all the friends I have made on here, you know who you are and just to let you all know you have been a great support for me over the years, more than you will ever realise..  :'( 

I will always have my memories from here mostly good ones over the years. I would like to leave on a high and not end on a blame game. So to all you MagicForum members it's goodbye from 'The Duck'..  :'( 

I will drop in now and again to see what's happening, but for now I'm taking flight..  :'( 

At the end of the day the curtain must come down..  :'(
:'( :'(

Farewell...
Warmest Regards

Javey74

« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 05:17:30 PM by Javey74 »

norhel

• Substitutiary Locomotion
Re: Farewell from Javey74!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2013, 03:45:54 PM »
Well I think it has come the time to leave this forum, a forum I have loved and been with since 10 May 2007. I feel I have come to the end of an era, I've made lots of friends here over the years, unfortunately a lot of them have moved on and new blood has come through which is to be expected..  :'(
If I'm honest this forum does not feel the same anymore, for various reasons, more so with the loss of quite a few topics and posts I was very familiar with..  :'(
I feel I cannot contribute anymore to my usual haunts including merchandise and games threads or even just general opinion threads. Maybe 6 years is enough. My only regret is not being able to write my 10,000th post since 3000 of my posts have disappeared through the problems of the previous forum, including my 'Trip Reports' which I no longer had a hard copy of, as well as my milestone speeches, which would have been nice to have kept for memories over the years of being on here. I have lost too much ground to start again..  :'(
I would like to thank all the friends I have made on here, you know who you are and just to let you all know you have been a great support for me over the years, more than you will ever realise..  :'(
I will always have my memories from here mostly good ones over the years. I would like to leave on a high and not end on a blame game. So to all you MagicForum members it's goodbye from 'The Duck'..  :'(
I will drop in now and again to see what's happening, but for now I'm taking flight..  :'(
At the end of the day the curtain must come down..  :'( :'( :'(

Farewell...
Warmest Regards

Javey74

It's sad that your are leaving us. As you said, the times are changing, but it was nice knowing you here.
3 trips to DLP, 2 to WDW

spacemountainplatypi

• Hakuna Matata
  • "Lovely Windmill Isnt It?"
    • disney-n-me.blogspot
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2013, 04:55:20 PM »
I may have never spoken to you personally but have read many of your post's. You will be missed.
“AD LUNA IN FLATULA GLORIA”---- President Barbicane (Baltimore Gun Club President)

________Past Trips____________
3 Times in 2001, Twice in 2002, Twice in 2003, Once In 2004, Twice in 2005, Once in 2007, Twice in 2008, 3 times in 2009, Twice in 2010, Twice in 2011, Twice in 2012, Twice in 2013.

captain rocket

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2013, 07:32:16 PM »
Very sad news but I understand how you feel, I have felt for a few months that the forum is changing and that it is not the place that I know! I guess anything like this is organic  and should change! Good luck out there in the fans land and do look in every now and then! You will surely be missed!

ed-uk

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2013, 07:52:36 PM »
The magic forum plays a big part in fans land. :)  Members have come and gone but much is still the same. As long as DLP fans still want to discuss and have something to say. When i first read Javey74's  post i thought blimey :o  But Farewell anyway.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 10:26:01 PM by ed-uk »
Ed & David

Javey74

• DisneyMagic
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2013, 12:32:36 AM »
Thank you all for your well wishes, much appreciated, you really are a very caring bunch..  :)

ed-uk

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2013, 01:16:25 AM »
You're already back then. That was a short farewell.
Ed & David

Javey74

• DisneyMagic
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2013, 01:10:57 PM »
You're already back then. That was a short farewell.
I'm still calling in now and again, it's just I'm not posting on the main threads, just this one till it expires, it would be rude not to..  :)

mickeyspal

• Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2013, 08:37:05 PM »
Sorry to hear you're leaving us :( I understand your feelings about the change in the forum particularly the loss of some favourite topics, but it's still early days; things can only get better. Bye for now hope to see you back soon. :)
1993 - Hotel Cheyenne
1995 - Walt Disney World Florida
1997 - Hotel New York
1998 - Hotel Santa Fe
2000 - Sequoia Lodge
2002 - Newport Bay
2004 - Newport bay
2005 - Hotel Cheyenne
2006 - Sequoia Lodge
2007 - Hong Kong Disney (1 day visit)
2007 - DLP (1 day visit)
2009 - Newport Hotel
2012 - Sequoia Lodge
2014 - Sequoia Lodge

ed-uk

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2013, 03:36:17 PM »
And i think we can all agree it would be sad without Magicforum. What if the forum was to close in the future, what would happen to our posts, trip reports and photos then if we don't have a hard copy? Surely DLP fans who post here or on any forum must know.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 03:39:18 PM by ed-uk »
Ed & David

bad-pink-tink

• Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah
    • http://www.home.mjjstreet.com
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2013, 03:47:18 PM »
And i think we can all agree it would be sad without Magicforum. What if the forum was to close in the future, what would happen to our posts, trip reports and photos then if we don't have a hard copy? Surely DLP fans who post here or on any forum must know.

as a forum owner I can  answer this. If magicforum closes then all posts, trip reports etcs would be gone. There are ways to see websites which are no longer online but it takes some work and not all pages pposts can be accessed this way.

I have been using forums since approx 1998, many of which are now no longer online. Anything which I posted on those websites I have lost.

Website owners usually keep a back up of their sites, the database etc. If the original website owner decides to close, there are ways for the database to be legally transfered to a new owner and for the new owner to reopen the website.

My advise to everyone is simply keep any posts which are important to you, trip reports , photos etc as a word document on your own computer

When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality

♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992 ♥ ♥ ♥Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 ♥ ♥ ♥Disneyland Paris 2011, 2013♥ ♥ ♥

Aurora1

• You can fly! You can fly! You can fly!
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2013, 08:37:42 PM »
I wish you all the best! A lot of knowledge is going to be gone without you!
Take care! Aurora1

Zee79

• Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2013, 09:12:18 PM »
Take care and all the best xx

never2old

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2013, 04:05:22 PM »
I have just read your post, I'm very sad that you're leaving us!!  :(

I know what you mean, the forum does feel different than it did when I first joined a few years ago. Personally I blame twitter  ;) I used to come to the forum mainly to find out what was going on, but now all the updates and news come via twitter!! Which is great, but it has taken a bit out of the forum... And then a lot of the friends we made in here seem to be gone, or hardly post at all! And now with the new forum and all the limits on the games and other threads... Well, it's not what it used to be... Of course our common love for all things Disney is still here, and I hope for a long time!!

I will miss your updates, and your games, and most of all your great sense of humour and your infinite wisdom when it came to Disney.

So please come back and see us every now and then!!

Take care Sir Javey!!

Javey74

• DisneyMagic
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2013, 05:16:27 PM »
Thanks again everyone for all your comments..  :)

@never2old.. I will don't worry..  ;)

ADVERTISEMENT - LOGIN OR REGISTER TO HIDE