ADVERTISEMENT - LOGIN OR REGISTER TO HIDE

Annual Passports questions and privileges

Author Topic: Annual Passports questions and privileges  (Read 417391 times)

JMB

• Give a little whistle
Re: Annual Passports questions and privileges
« Reply #2685 on: January 09, 2019, 06:03:49 PM »
Hi guys quick question on the Discovery annual pass.

I'm planning on going to DLP next June and am aware of the blockout dates and the fact that if i purchase an annual pass say on a Wednesday, I cant use it for the next two days (Thursday and Friday) and wont be able to access the parks until the Monday as its not valid for weekends in June.

Can I visit on the Wednesday and just buy general admission tickets to enter the parks and then go back on the Thursday and buy the discovery annual passes and have the price of the previous days tickets deducted from the cost but have access on the Thursday too. In this instance i could get back into the park on the following Monday, but means we might get an extra day in the parks? 

Can anyone advise if this would or wouldn't work?

I can't see why it would work tbh.

You only get refunded the day tickets if and when you have to enter the park that day to buy your passport in the bureau.

You would have to buy entrance tickets for Wednesday and Thursday if you do it that way, and would only get one day refunded.

Have you considered buying the passes before you go?

stevemc

• Give a little whistle
« Reply #2686 on: January 09, 2019, 06:21:07 PM »
Hi guys quick question on the Discovery annual pass.

I'm planning on going to DLP next June and am aware of the blockout dates and the fact that if i purchase an annual pass say on a Wednesday, I cant use it for the next two days (Thursday and Friday) and wont be able to access the parks until the Monday as its not valid for weekends in June.

Can I visit on the Wednesday and just buy general admission tickets to enter the parks and then go back on the Thursday and buy the discovery annual passes and have the price of the previous days tickets deducted from the cost but have access on the Thursday too. In this instance i could get back into the park on the following Monday, but means we might get an extra day in the parks? 

Can anyone advise if this would or wouldn't work?

I can't see why it would work tbh.

You only get refunded the day tickets if and when you have to enter the park that day to buy your passport in the bureau.

I know one of the kioscs at WDS entrance (furthest to the right) deals with annual passes (I was standing there last year for 30 minutes when I turned up on a blockout day :)) and I know that an option at that kiosk was to hand in your existing pass and upgrade to another one for the difference in the cost of the pass.

I thought that you might be able to buy a ticket for the annual pass (similar to the ticket you get in the post if you buy before you go there) at this kiosk to redeem in the passport office on the same day and get the discount for the previous days tickets when paying outside at the kiosk. 

Reepicheep

• Be our guest
« Reply #2687 on: January 17, 2019, 05:11:32 PM »
Hey!

We will be at DLP from 6 to 9 February and we can sponsor 6 persons to get the Annual Pass.

Anybody interested, just tell!!

ADVERTISEMENT - LOGIN OR REGISTER TO HIDE